|Wax Lum 'N Abner figures in the Museum|
|Inside the store - the Pine Ridge Post Office|
By the mid-1930's, the radio program was well known across the nation and the listeners kept demanding to know where the town of Pine Ridge was located. Finally, the town of Waters officially changed it's name to Pine Ridge in an elaborate ceremony on the steps of the state capital in Little Rock in 1936 on the 5th anniversary of the program. Pictures hanging in the Lum and Abner Museum show the governor greeting Lum, Abner, and the real-life counterparts of Grandpappy Spears, Cedric Wehunt, Dick Huddleston, and several others.
|The original pot bellied stove in the |
Jot 'Em Down Store.
|Many of the original items sold in the store are |
in the museum.