Arkansas Tornado

 
This used to be somebody's home.
In the little Arkansas community of Damascus, very close to my own house, the devil came to town in the form of a tornado. It took several lives, destroyed property, and scarred survivors, perhaps forever. If you are not safe in your own home or even in your church, is there safety anywhere? What does it say when the beast jumps over a road-side fruit stand, not disturbing jars of home-made jam and jelly sitting out on a table or even fluttering the well-worn plastic tarp covering them and comes down a few yards away to destroy a brick church and across the street where it demolishes a house and takes the lives of the family that lived there?


Destroyed church
Do we thank God that more lives were not lost? Do the family members of those killed feel the same? I'm just glad the devil missed me and my loved ones this time.

Vehicle that was blown about 75 yards from
the church parking lot.
 
Truck that was full of grain.
Debris
 

1 comment:

  1. My heart goes out to the community and all survivors. I remember in 1957 when we had 5 tornado's in one day...and the week had several more across the Dallas/Ft Worth area. I will never forget that! I still hear the sounds, and see things I would like to forget~! Forever touched...is an understatement.
    May each of you find reasons to share more goodness with each other, as it will be needed for the healing of the community...my thoughts and prayers are with all there, and in the other areas, as well; that were changed forever~!
    A very moving read for me~thanks for sharing~!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your comments! Sorry about requiring word verification, but there are dweebs out there auto-spamming and we hate spam as much as you!