Buddies

This one is for my Navy buddies who always had my back, even when I didn't know I needed it.

The difference between civilian friends and Veteran friends:

Civilian friends get upset if you are too busy to talk to them for a week.
Veteran friends are glad to see you after years have gone by and will happily carry on the same conversation you were having the last time you were together.

Civilian friends will leave you behind if that's what "the crowd" is doing.
Veteran friends will kick the crowd's ass that left you behind.

Civilian friends are for a while.
Veteran friends are for life.

Civilian friends have shared a few experiences with you.
Veteran friends have shared a lifetime of experiences no citizen could ever dream of.

Civilian friends will take your drink away when they think you've had enough.
Veteran friends will look at you stumbling all over the place and say, "You'd better drink the rest of that before you spill it!" and then carry you home safely and put you to bed.

To all my veteran friends, thanks for being my buddy. I love you, man.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your comments! Sorry about requiring word verification, but there are dweebs out there auto-spamming and we hate spam as much as you!